Search This Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2011

From Underestimating to Expecting

Many times in our lives as Christians, we underestimate the power of our God. I can generalize to say that we all do that, because it was explained in a very matter-of-fact manner to me. A wonderful woman of God, Rhonda Perry, explained to me that we underestimate our God pretty often, because we are trying to imagine an infinite God with our finite minds. That makes so much sense, and I have chosen to believe beyond my mind on this specific issue: my aunt has a terminal disease.

I don’t know about you, but I believe in a God who laughs at the word “terminal.” My God is not bound by disease, and God Almighty is the one to whom I have turned for Aunt Carla’s complete healing. I’m not settling for less on this one. I want to see a real, full-body, bible-times kind of healing.

My Aunt Carla was recently diagnosed with Lou Gehrig’s disease. For quite some time before that, we knew she was struggling physically, but we didn’t know why. Before she was diagnosed, I was moved by the Holy Spirit to pray for her. During a sermon one Sunday, the Holy Spirit lay her very heavily on my heart. I could just picture her dancing with the saints before the Father, but that wasn’t the end. Like a ton of bricks, it hit me that she doesn’t have to wait until Heaven to dance for the Father. He is Jehovah Rapha, the Lord our Healer. I believe in that God, so I got up and asked the church to lay hands on her and pray for her complete healing in the name of Jesus.

Nothing happened that day, and I’ll admit I was momentarily discouraged. Silly me. God doesn’t work on my watch; He keeps His very own time. When the time comes, I believe Aunt Carla will receive a complete healing from her head to the tip of her toes in the name of Jesus Christ who conquered death and grave to set us free. We are free indeed…from Lou Gehrig’s disease and everything else. My God will heal. He says so.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

My family has chosen to take part in a time of prayer and fasting. We will have a continuous fast for 30 days with each member of the family participating on various days. Pray with us. Fast with us. Believe in the power of God’s healing hand with us.

1 comment:

  1. I have seen the power of fasting & praying!! Please let me know if you need anyone to take a day & I will!

    ReplyDelete