Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Reading...Again

I just took a wonderful trip to the beach with my future in-laws, and I’ll post more about that later. It was very relaxing, but you know what a beach trip means…READING!

Jen (my future sister-in-law) gave me Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks to read while the ocean splashed my feet. I suspected that I had read it before, because I’ve read pretty much everything Sparks has written at least once. However, I could not remember what happened in the end, so I decided I would read it again. Of course, it was just as wonderful as the first time.

Safe Haven is an inspiring story of a woman who escapes a treacherous marriage to an abuse tyrannical husband to find the perfect southern gentleman to be her prince charming. Nicholas Sparks does a fantastic job of unfolding the story and engulfing the reader. He allows the reader just enough time to fall in love with the protagonist, before harshly introducing the antagonist. In a twisted whirlwind of events, the love triangle (which includes 2 children on one side) spins into a perfect ending.

If I were the Ebert and Roeper of books, I would give this one (along with most of Nicholas Sparks’ novels) two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment