Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

No More Waiting!

Our Father surely takes care of us! After my last post (Can’t wait much longer…), I got a job. Easy as that, God opened the door, and I stepped right through! Praise Him!

I have gotten a lot of questions about detail, so I’ll tell you what I know: My future father-in-law knows the owner of this wonderful private school. He arranged for me to interview with one of the administrators when I got here in July. During that interview, I fell in love with the school and discovered that they do not have any openings. I was pretty sad. A few days later, I got an email from the Head of School saying that the guy who interviewed me was really impressed. She said they wanted to see if they could find an opportunity for me. A little later, the school had a resignation! I was given an interview with the Head of School on Friday, and she offered me the job on the spot!!!

The Cambridge School is a magnificent private school. We (can I really say “we” now?!!) have a special literacy-based curriculum to accommodate students with learning differences. The special curriculum means every teacher must have special training. Therefore, I will be a “teacher-in-training” for a year. I will shadow a veteran third grade teacher for reading and writing, while I undergo all the training classes. I will also be teaching math and a possible social studies or science class. My training will take a whole year, but I do receive 9 college credits AND the school pays for it!

School doesn’t start for us until September 7th. I have my first training class this Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I will be training in Wilson Language Program this time. It’s so great to be packing my lunch and preparing for a full day with a planned schedule again! God is GOOOOOOOD!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you! Everything happens for a reason and its so nice when everything falls into place!

    ReplyDelete