Search This Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Start of Happily Ever After

 I have spent my first two full days with the staff at The Cambridge School. We had in-service this week, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Now, that is not to say I was not 100% overwhelmed! Mrs. Peters (our Head of School) actually put it best. She said, “It’s like you moved to a brand new place where everyone speaks a different language.” Yes ma’am!

Our school is made for students with learning differences, so everything is very personalized, organized, and methodical. Everyone speaks in a language that communicates that to the whole staff efficiently. I’m the only new person, so I’m the only one who doesn’t speak the language. Luckily, everyone has taken me under their wing, and I have a wonderful mentor teacher. I look forward to learning the ropes over this first year, just as I have enjoyed meeting all of the wonderful staff members. It has been a great start to my future!

Mike is also enjoying work. The players are back, and the games have begun. He loved work all summer, when no one was around, but he is really enjoying it now. He met Marlon Favorite (former LSU Tiger) in the cafeteria one day. We went to a picnic with the entire Eagles organization, and he is gearing up for Temple vs. Penn State in a couple of weeks. He is so excited to be on the field when his favorite teams are playing again. (He also planned a trip to Penn State when they play Alabama in a couple of weeks…ROLL TIDE!)

Needless to say, happily ever after is starting for us, and we are happier than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment