Search This Blog

Friday, September 16, 2011

Long Time, No Post

I haven’t updated in a while. I knew this would happen eventually, but I am determined to push through and be a blogger!

Family: My Aunt Ruthie had her second thyroid surgery. It went well, and we are hoping for good, cancer-free reports! My Aunt Carla is still hanging in there. They are both such an inspiration to me. I hope to have such strong faith in God and family one day.

Zeke is playing football now, and the season is in full swing! He has a game tonight against Tensas Academy. GEAUX ZEKE! He’s doing really well this year, and I am so sad that I won’t get to see him play. I am proud anyway though!

Work: Oh my goodness! I cannot thank God enough for the wonderful job He gave me. Let me tell you, this school is the most incredible place I have ever been. I love the staff and students. I’m enjoying my computer classes, and I love helping out in a Middle School II writing class and an algebra class. I really enjoy waking up every morning for work.

Also, I have already swayed one student. He informed me on Wednesday that he just was NOT a fan of the LSU Tigers. I talked to him a bit, and he wore an LSU hat to school on Thursday! GEAUX TIGERS! LSU 19, MSU 6

Fun: Mike and I have really been enjoying ourselves lately. Last weekend, we went to the Penn State vs. Alabama game. It was really a blast, and I enjoyed getting to see Mike’s alma mater. PSU is not SEC, but they make a nice football atmosphere. I was impressed.

We left Penn State really early Sunday morning after the game on Saturday, because we had to rush back for what I thought was a brunch with his family. It turns out it was a surprise bridal shower. It was so nice, and I was extremely blessed by the guests and gifts.

Last night, we were given box seats for the Phillies vs. Marlins game. Because I am a huge baseball fan, I decided to make the drive into the city to meet Mike. I was a little intimidated, since I have never driven in a city that big. I made it, though! We went to the game and had a BLAST! Phillies 2, Marlins 1 after 10 innings!

I think I’m starting a new painting for my dad tomorrow. I’ll keep ya posted!

Ok. That is all for now. My weekend just started, and I think it’s time to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment