Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Overwhelmed.

School is going absolutely wonderfully. I can honestly say that I would not rather be at any other school.

Now, with that being said, I’m a little overwhelmed. Of course, I’m still learning the ropes of a brand new school, but that’s not too rough. This week, I started training in one of the biggest programs used at The Cambridge School: The Wilson Reading System. From what I have seen at the school and in the initial training, I can definitely say that I believe the program works in the classroom. However, the span of a one-year program with an online course and a practicum is a little overwhelming! I have two students who will be receiving Wilson instruction with me, one-on-one. That’s a lot of pressure for a trainee.

Also, I found out yesterday that I will be given my own Level III math class on Monday (Actually, Tuesday. We have a field trip Monday). I’m so excited to get to teach an extra period (in addition to my 3 computer class each week) of the day, but I’m nervous about taking over a class that has been together for two weeks already. Between the training and the new class, I am a little overwhelmed.

The best part of The Cambridge School, though, is everyone’s amazing willingness to lend a hand. Although I’m a little fearful, I know that every teacher and administrator will do anything they can to help me out. This is what makes working at Cambridge so enjoyable. So…let’s do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment