Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

Family Dinner

When I moved up here, one thing I was most excited about was family dinner (which is family supper for those of you from Louisiana). Mike told me that his family, grandparents included, got together every Sunday for supper. I looked forward to that most of anything, because I knew I was going to need some support after moving to a brand new place and finding a brand new job, church, and friends. It has been everything I thought it would be.

This week, we added Aunt Deb, Uncle Skip, and Kristen (along with her boyfriend) to the mix. It was my turn to cook, so we had about a dozen people in our little condo. I rearranged the living room (almost eliminating it) and added a couple new, temporary tables.  We had a wonderful time and a pretty darn good feast.

Mom Watson brought the salad. Aunt Deb brought the appetizers, and Grandmom contributed the dessert. I made the meal. Let me tell you, this was a challenge. I loved every minute of it. I sautéed some shrimp and made beef brisket with mashed potatoes and green bean bundles. I also made rolls and a veggie tray. I served southern sweet tea, too. Although, I may have been the only one who drank that. Hmm. Oh well! It was an absolutely delicious dinner.

Two things I really love are family and cooking, so this was the highlight of my week. It always is! Try it with your family, and let me know what you’re cookin’!

By the way, today was Meatless Monday (if you're participating). What did you have?

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to do Sunday dinners with family. We tried really hard last year but with all of our railroaders non-schedule it's so hard to do. Glad you get to enjoy something like that!

    ReplyDelete