Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sullivan Version

Christmas was absolutely wonderful in the Watson household! As a result, there will be two parts to this post: a Sullivan version and a Watson version.

Mike and I made the long drive to Louisiana and back. If 18 hours in a packed car aren’t a test to you marriage, I don’t know what would be. Nevertheless, we are home after a great trip, and we are still married.
These sweet ornaments are compliments of the Martin family.
The Martins and these ornaments are near and dear to my heart.
Our visit to Louisiana was a very short one, and it was extremely hard to get in a visit with everyone. Of course, we visited with Mom, Dad, Shasta, and Zeke.  Mike and I got to spend a wonderful evening of shopping with Mom to finish up some Christmas shopping. We had a great Mexican dinner with Dad and Zeke, and a fabulous lunch at Jehovah Java with Mom and Shasta. We got in a few others too though.

On Christmas Adam (which obviously comes the day before Christmas Eve), we exchanged gifts and fellowship with Aunt Cynthia & Co. It was so nice to have a visit that didn’t require me in a big white dress, Mike in a tux, and everyone rushing to say hello before the next thing on the agenda. Aunt Cynthia, Landon, Ashley, and Bubba all seem to be doing great. Mousey was a little ill, but she was still a joy! (Hope you’re feeling better, Mouse!) Now, sweet Paige and Reagan. Oh my goodness. Those girls (daughters of Bubba and Mousey) are the most precious girls I have ever been around. I told Bubba that I’ll have 100 daughters if I they’ll come out like his!

Paige had such a wonderful imagination playing with Zeke's old cars. I wish I could have taken a video.

Then we had some little visits with Nana. We spent the day with her on Thursday, as well as the evening on Friday. I was so glad we got to spend some relaxed time with her. It was nice to catch up.
Nana and Auntie Ruthie
On Christmas day, we were able to visit with more of Mom’s family. Papaw, Granny, and Aunts Ruthie, Debra, Lulu, and Carla and their families were all present for more food, fellowship and presents. It was so great to see everyone. I think I forget how much I miss them sometimes.
Papaw with his new Philadelphia mug.

Mike and I also really enjoyed getting to visit with Aunt Carla and her family for a little bit on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. We are still praying and believing in Christ for a full healing miracle in her life. In Jesus name, disease has no hold on her.

Ok. That was a short overview of things that happened on our little vacation. I just don’t know how much more I can say. I got to see so many friends from LP that made me feel so special, and it was really wonderful to experience it all with my husband. JOY…Lake Providence, friends, family, Mike Watson.
I thought this may be a funny fact to leave you with: I got 4 pairs of shoes for Christmas (and a receipt for one that is still in the mail).


More to come about our Watson Version of Christmas………..

1 comment:

  1. LOVE all the pictures of the family! Thanks for sharing! I didn't realize how long the drive was for you guys until I asked Mike...it's a 22 hour drive from here. Glad you had a good Christmas! Love you!

    ReplyDelete