Search This Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflections.

2011

We spent last New Year’s with Mike’s niece and nephew (who are now my niece and nephew, too). It was a very low-key, sweet time. 
Aaliyah

JD



I can’t  believe the year is over! So many wonderful things have happened this year. I can’t even explain how blessed I have been throughout the year. At the start of 2011, I was a graduate student, living in Louisiana, dating a Yankee.  Now as 2011 rolls to a close, I am a married, full-time teacher living in Pennsylvania. I started the year job hunting in Louisiana, and I am finishing the year house hunting in Pennsylvania. Wow. God is good and faithful!

January 2011: I got engaged to the man of my dreams. Mike is absolutely the most loving, caring, comforting man I ever dated. He is exciting, spontaneous, and passionate. I cannot imagine that I would be happier with anyone else in the world as my husband.
May 2011: I graduated with a Master of Arts in Teaching degree from LSU. After six years of hard work, I finished my last LSU degree with a 4.0. LSU was one of the best things to happen in my life. I made some wonderful friends and spent the whole six years growing mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
Me and Molly, one of my BFFs
June 2011: I spent the month of June at my favorite place in the entire world. King’s Camp is truly the most amazing place I have ever been. The Spirit, the people, the atmosphere, the love, the fellowship. It is all more than you could ever expect from one place. Unfortunately, I left camp this year with the knowledge that I would not likely be an employee of camp again in the near future. It broke my heart to leave, but I can only imagine that God has an even bigger season in store for camp, now that my season there is over.

July 2011: I moved to PA. This has been such a huge change. I absolutely love being here, where my sweet husband grew up. We are looking so forward to starting our family here. I was pretty skeptical at first, but PA is growing on me. As I continue to adjust, I am moving into a place where I have two homes: PA and LA. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to leave either one behind now.

August 2011: I got a job. I don’t know who was more excited about this: me, Mike, or Mom and Dad. When I took the job with The Cambridge School, I had no idea how perfect it would be. During the interview and training, the school seemed great. Now that I have been there for a semester, I can say that it is the perfect school for me. I love the students so much, and the faculty has been so wonderful welcoming me into the Cambridge family.

October 2011: I got married. Okay, this was obviously the #1 highlight of the year. Mike and I are so happy. We’ve been married for a whole two months now. It has been wonderful. Of course, it has been an adjustment to be so intimately connected to someone. It was scary and fun all at the same time. Marriage has been so perfectly phenomenal so far, and I can’t wait to spend the rest of our lives getting better at it!

As you can probably imagine from everything that happened in 2011, I have big expectation for 2012. I expect things to be more exciting and wonderful. Here’s to 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment