Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

There is JOY in the midst of it all

Oh, geez! I’m already falling behind on this blogging thing. To catch up: class has started, teaching has started, and work has begun.
The point of this blog is to find the JOY of life along the way. Sometimes that takes real reflection on situations. Recently, I have done a lot of reflecting in an effort to do just that, enJOY life along the way.
The past couple of weeks have been more than overwhelming. First, I stepped into my last semester of student-teaching. My class is made of seventeen fourth-graders, and my teacher has been teaching for more than 15 years. The adjustment from 27 adorable 1st graders to “almost teenagers” has been quite difficult. The social and academic atmospheres are very different, not to mention I am at a new school. Tough.  However, JOY can be found in it all. The benefits of having a teacher with so much experience are innumerable. The feedback and encouragement are so wonderful. Also, the students are old enough to have normal conversations and crack jokes. They are fun. Though it is different, there is JOY in this new adventure.
Of course, I am also looking for a teaching position for next year. Uncertainty stresses me out immensely, so this is a really big deal. In addition, I will also be moving: maybe to a new apartment complex, maybe to a new town, or maybe to a new state. God is so good though. In the chaos of all of this, I was given something solid, unchanging to rely upon. Something vastly special to me. The JOY in this uncertain future is King’s Camp. God provided me with that refuge and certainty. This summer I will be safe, refilled, and used at one of the most amazing place I have ever been able to visit. I look so forward to growing in my relationship, while leading volunteers in a spiritual experience regarding service and worship. It is an opportunity that gives me unbelievable JOY!
It may be a stressful time, but there is JOY abounding. Thank you, Father for the wonderful blessings each day!
P.S. Megan Hawkins leaves for Prague on January 31st. Check out her blog (http://meganinprague.weebly.com/) and support an amazing woman of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment