Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Looking Forward Joyfully

So, Spring Break has come and gone. The good news is it was GREAT! Also, I’m done with classes/teaching at LSU! One more presentation and I’m ready for the move to PA!!! Anyway, more on Spring Break…
Easter: Of course, it is so easy to find the joy in the day my LORD rose from the grave. It is so sobering to think about my Savior going through all of the pain resulting from sin I committed. It is even easier to see His wonder when the Easter celebration is wonderful. I got to spend the Saturday prior to Easter Sunday with my family...eating crawfish!!! It was such a wonderful, delicious time. Then, I woke Easter morning to attend sunrise service with the wonder people of Providence Church. I just cannot explain how much those sweet people bless my heart every time I see them. If you would like to see a good example of loving others, visit Providence Church. They WILL bring you in just like one of their very own children. It is beautiful. After sunrise service, I had a delicious breakfast with my Nana, followed by another church service. The youth at Kilbourne Pentecostal Church did a performance of the death and resurrection of Christ that was beautiful. It was so great to see my brother involved in a wonderful performance. Shasta and I were also privileged to be a part of it, as we read two poems: one on the death of Christ, and one on His resurrection. I was humbled by the words of each. After church, we were able to spend another day with family. We ate, fellowshipped, and hunted eggs. It was a great time of bonding. I am growing to appreciate those times more, now that I know I will be moving to Pennsylvania in a short time.  
Monday: LOOOOONG day! I drove back to Baton Rouge, flew to Atlanta after a delay, flew to Philadelphia after another delay, and rode Morrisville with my fiancé. That’s traveling from 8am to 1:30am! It was all worth it when Mike stood at the baggage claim to welcome me with a warm, wonderful hug.
Tuesday-Friday: Can you say JOB HUNT? Most of my time during the week was spent meeting principals, making calls and trying to find a school with an elementary opening (and enough money to hire someone to fill the position). On Friday, Jen (Mike’s sister) took me to work with her. She works with children with hearing impairments. It was such a fun day! Jen is absolutely wonderful at bringing joy into her students’ lives, and I am so glad to see her bringing happiness into those kids’ days. It was a wonderful day!
Saturday: PHILLIES! I got to attend the Phillies vs. Mets game, sit in a suite, and enjoy a baseball day with Mike! We also got to tour the Eagles’ facilities, and I got to see him do a little work. It was a perfect date day!
Sunday: We looked at a great new apartment, finalized a guest list, and chose our ceremony music. It was a busy busy day! The day/week had a wonderful conclusion when we celebrated Jen’s birthday with the whole family (including Mrs. Chris and Kelly).
It was really a JOYful trip. I was able to relax in the presence of my favorite person in the world and really explore the area as my future home. I am very excited, and much less nervous, about the future now. I just ask that you all pray for direction and opened doors in the career and housing area. God has big plans in store!
Check out the new prayer request! Support those diligently serving the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment