Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Wallowing

It’s tough to acknowledge the JOY in life this week.
Mike leaves in just a few short days. Though there is much joy in the new adventure he is beginning for us, it is very hard for me to let that joy surface. Instead, I want to be sad. I want to be sad that he is leaving me behind for 3 months. I want to be sad that he is starting our adventure before I can start it too. I want to be sad that…well, I just want to be sad. I want to feel sorry for myself that I’ll be alone for the rest of the semester.
That’s just not how it works when Jesus is in your heart though. The thing is…Mike is starting a new journey for us. There is JOY to be found in the new life that is blooming the second he leaves Baton Rouge. God is good, and He has made plans for this new life. Now, that brings some JOY. God has concurred the path on which we are about to walk. I am joyful that my Father has chosen such big plans for us. I don’t have to be happy about it just yet, but I am overwhelmed with the JOY of the LORD!
Things I will miss about Louisiana: Yesterday, I had a conversation with my dad about a side that one of our catering options is offering: “Dad, have you ever had boudin eggrolls?” He answered, “Nope. Sure sounds good though.” I agreed. I’ll miss that unique characteristic of Louisiana food: you don’t have to know what’s in it (and you probably don’t want to know) to know it’s delicious.
Also, I will miss porches. Screened porches. Open porches. Railed porches. Porch swings. Porch signs. I’ll miss them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment